Beachside Brawlers

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

djp73

Beachside Brawlers

Post by djp73 » 06 Jun 2020, 07:27

If there are any others from the before time send them over!

KimJongBaze

Beachside Brawlers

Post by KimJongBaze » 06 Jun 2020, 07:52

throwback! Hope you can turn Ted Ginn into a stud!

Topic author
MajorSupreme

Beachside Brawlers

Post by MajorSupreme » 06 Jun 2020, 08:25

Chef Baze wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 07:52
throwback! Hope you can turn Ted Ginn into a stud!
Definitely a big part of the process is getting him going. Gotta capitalize on early round picks. Or else you end up like Jared Odrick, Ryan Tannehill, Dion Jordan, Jamar Taylor, Jawaun James, Laremy Tunsil, Charles Harris, Phillip Merling, Daniel Thomas, etc etc

Fapplatte

Beachside Brawlers

Post by Fapplatte » 06 Jun 2020, 08:29

Will be reading.

Good luck my dude!

Topic author
MajorSupreme

Beachside Brawlers

Post by MajorSupreme » 06 Jun 2020, 08:49

Dolphins Trade for Green, Cut Ties with Culpepper
June 10, 2007

MIAMI, Fla. -- After a few disgruntled weeks with the Chiefs organization, Trent Green has evacuated Kansas City for the kind beaches of Miami.

The Miami Dolphins has acquired pro bowl quarterback Trent Green from the Kansas City Chiefs for a conditional pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Green had requested a trade from the Chiefs after claiming the team was edging younger quarterback Brodie Croyle and journeyman Damon Huard ahead in the quarterback race without letting Green truly compete. The Chiefs also requested him to take a pay cut for the 2007 season.

Green's 2006 season was plagued by injury, as a scary opening day concussion put his career in jeopardy. He was fortunate enough to return to the starting lineup at the end of the season, leading the Chiefs to a playoff loss against the Indianapolis Colts. He finished the seasons starting eight games, throwing for 1,342 yards, 7 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, completing 61.1% of his passes. In 2005, he made his second pro bowl appearance after throwing for over 4,000 yards and 27 touchdowns.

The move by the Dolphins adds competition to their quarterback room, which has been remodeled from last year's squad. A couple of days after the move, the Dolphins released quarterback Daunte Culpepper, a holdover from the Saban Era. The Dolphins acquired Culpepper for a second-round pick (instead of investing in Chargers' QB Drew Brees) but struggled with injuries and missed most of the season. He and his agent requested the release after the news break on Green's arrival.

The other quarterbacks are last year's main starter Cleo Lemon who the team re-signed as a restricted free-agent, Gibran Hamdan who has bounced around from teams and NFL Europe, and 2007 second-round pick out of BYU John Beck who seems to be viewed by the front office as the likely quarterback of the future.

We are likely to see a full-out quarterback battle this training camp, with Green and Lemon holding the lead.

Miami Dolphins Media Team

Topic author
MajorSupreme

Beachside Brawlers

Post by MajorSupreme » 06 Jun 2020, 08:51

Fapplatte wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 08:29
Will be reading.

Good luck my dude!
Much appreciated brother!

djp73

Beachside Brawlers

Post by djp73 » 06 Jun 2020, 09:47

Alright. Let's dig in here.
Who are you starting at QB? Lemon is probably best but there's a chance you could develop Beck?

Leaning on Ronnie Brown?

Wildcat?

Defense seems decent. Maybe need another cb and some pass rushers?

Not a lot to live up to with the 1-15 season. Think you can match the 11-5 2008?

Matt Ryan?

Captain Canada

Beachside Brawlers

Post by Captain Canada » 06 Jun 2020, 13:20

Love the throwback look, I'm definitely reading along.

Caesar

Beachside Brawlers

Post by Caesar » 06 Jun 2020, 16:00

Some real blasts from the pasts in these first few posts. Will be following along.

Topic author
MajorSupreme

Beachside Brawlers

Post by MajorSupreme » 06 Jun 2020, 16:13

djp73 wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 09:47
Alright. Let's dig in here.
Who are you starting at QB? Lemon is probably best but there's a chance you could develop Beck?

Leaning on Ronnie Brown?

Wildcat?

Defense seems decent. Maybe need another cb and some pass rushers?

Not a lot to live up to with the 1-15 season. Think you can match the 11-5 2008?

Matt Ryan?
Green will likely be the starter week 1, but that doesn't shut the door on Lemon playing (I'm almost certain Green won't last the whole season). I'm gonna treat Beck like he's the QB of the future, and should the season get out of hand or Lemon and Green stink it up, he'll play and he'll get a chance to compete in future seasons when Green is gone.

Ronnie and Ricky til we die, we don't have the developed talent for a heavy pass game yet.

Since the Wildcat package in Miami's history is a function of the Tony Sparano/Dan Henning offense of '08, I won't use it this season at least. It is an option down the road.

Defense is a tough situation because the best players like Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are old and have maybe two seasons tops left in them. We'll have holes to fill really soon and I don't care for how Cameron and Mueller drafted in '07 with regards to that. But DBs and pass rush are definitely current holes.

Record-wise, who knows? If key guys like our tailbacks and Green stay healthy I don't think 9-7, 10-6 are out of the realm of possibility. But it's not a super great roster.

If we're a high enough pick in '08, Matty Ice is definitely on the table.
Captain Canada wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 13:20
Love the throwback look, I'm definitely reading along.
Caesar wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 16:00
Some real blasts from the pasts in these first few posts. Will be following along.
Gotta love a throwback, thanks guys.