The Theatre of Dreams

This is where to post any soccer franchises.

Topic author
Fapplatte

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by Fapplatte » 09 Jun 2020, 10:44

Topic author
Fapplatte

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by Fapplatte » 09 Jun 2020, 15:10

Weekly Rewind Round 01 • First week of the season on the books
epl.com/manchester-united/morningcoffee | August 12th, 2019

• Manchester United are going to be a possession based team this season • Some may think Manchester United played boring football over the weekend. A plethora of short passes which helped them decipher Chelsea's defence, helped them move the ball around the field and keep possession away from Chelsea, which increased their chances of winning the game. They did just that. Tiki-Taka football. No, this team doesn't have the talent in its arsenal to replicate Barcelona, but they did execute well on opening day to prevent Chelsea from winning the game. At the end of the day, a win is a win and Manchester United picked up the three points at home.

• Erick Pulgar looks like the best signing Manchester United have made in awhileAngel Di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Angel Di Maria and Wilfried Zaha. It doesn't look like the Chilean midfielder will be joining the ranks of the flops of the last decade. Pulgar has seamlessly fit into the new Manchester United scheme. Despite being the central defensive midfielder with Fred, Pulgar helped all over the field. He held the team together and looks like a very good signing. Don't let his neck and sleeve tattoo's deceive you. He may just become the center piece of this team. The buck stops in midfield. If the midfield is inept at moving the ball, your team isn't going to go anywhere, not against tough defences which exist in a bunch in this league. Pulgar won his battles on saturday and was just generally amazing. None of his passes were intercepted, none were hit poorly. He did everything Manchester United asked of him and he looks to be one player who will fly under the radar this season. Keep a close tab on him, he's a true dark horse for player of the season if he carries this form well into the season.

• Defences win Championships and the back four look devilishly good • New signings such as Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka have tremendously improved this defence to the point it may just be their strongest asset with David de Gea behind them between the posts. The Blues had just seven shots. United put so much pressure on the counter with Wan-Bissaka turning into winger as he moved down the sidelines. Yes, we are just one game into the season, but we saw a lot to like from the ninety minutes Manchester United dominated and frustrated Chelsea and their attacking strategy. Brandon Williams may challenge Luke Shaw for that revered starting left back position but Luke Shaw held his own over the weekend and put in a decent performance.

Caesar

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by Caesar » 09 Jun 2020, 18:17

Karius? Interesting signing. Planning on using him against Liverpool to get a former club performance buff?

kibaxx7

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by kibaxx7 » 09 Jun 2020, 20:02

I see you are using my layout :curtain: Good luck. Not a fan of United at all, but good luck :lol:
× The Life and Times of Tanjiro Sakai ×
× Watching: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×

Topic author
Fapplatte

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by Fapplatte » 10 Jun 2020, 06:31

Caesar wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 18:17
Karius? Interesting signing. Planning on using him against Liverpool to get a former club performance buff?
meme signing, but i think he can fit in as the second goalkeeper for now
spiderxx7 wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 20:02
I see you are using my layout :curtain: Good luck. Not a fan of United at all, but good luck :lol:
your milan career mode was cool. which layout?

EDIT: Dude, you are Thierry? Fuck, I followed that Spurs story mode dude. Yeah, I loved that layout.
Last edited by Fapplatte on 10 Jun 2020, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Fapplatte

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by Fapplatte » 10 Jun 2020, 07:48

Topic author
Fapplatte

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by Fapplatte » 10 Jun 2020, 09:53

Weekly Rewind Round 02 • United start off the season with two strong displays
epl.com/manchester-united/morningcoffee | August 18th, 2019

• 180 minutes have passed and the defence has stood strong • Victor Lindelof was held out of the game today, with Phil Jones starting at centre back in his place. United largely dominated Wolves, allowing few shots. We've seen 180 minutes of United's defence now, which is looking largely like their greatest asset this season. Expect Lindelof to return to the starting line-up against Crystal Palace next weekend. Though, Manchester United fans can be assured Phil Jones had a strong game as a replacement.

• Pulgar's form continues • Erick Pulgar might just be the best signing United has made in quite awhile. He's had a dominating presence so far and scored his first EPL goal as a Red Devil. He's made a great combination with Fred in midfield. They have chemistry and compliment each other's skill sets quite well .

• Where is the aggressive attacking? United lack a top class striker. Martial isn't great and is likely on his way out with a spate of other players at the end of the season. However, that doesn't excuse his performances throughout the first two games which have been pitiful. He's gone largely unnoticed and hasn't performed well enough to be the starting striker. Manchester have six points from two games, but will need to score more goals if they want their winning streak to continue.

Last edited by Fapplatte on 10 Jun 2020, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

kibaxx7

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by kibaxx7 » 10 Jun 2020, 10:26

Fapplatte wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 06:31
EDIT: Dude, you are Thierry? Fuck, I followed that Spurs story mode dude. Yeah, I loved that layout.
Haha yeah man, that was me! It's all good. I'm flattered that people go and look back on it, I had a lot of free time back then :mrgreen:

:baze:
× The Life and Times of Tanjiro Sakai ×
× Watching: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×

Topic author
Fapplatte

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by Fapplatte » 10 Jun 2020, 11:19

Topic author
Fapplatte

The Theatre of Dreams

Post by Fapplatte » 10 Jun 2020, 11:56

Strongly thinking of doing a Fiorentina career mode after all... acquired so many italian faces through modding. Here's some some for Fiorentina ~