Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 21 Aug 2021, 18:15

The JZA wrote:
21 Aug 2021, 17:45
Wade coaxing
The legacy must live on
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 05 Sep 2021, 23:36

Last edited by chosenone58 on 05 Sep 2021, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 05 Sep 2021, 23:37

Antonio Snow Explains Why Miami Was His Top Choice During During Free Agency
Miami Heat’s newest superstar Antonio Snow recently opened up about his
decision to re-sign with the team in free agency.

After an extraordinary rookie season with the Miami Heat ending in a championship, teams were looking to sign Antonio Snow to bring his energy and scoring to their teams. Miami was on that list as well, the lone team that took a chance on him after suffering an injury during the NBA Combine and not being drafted last summer.

“There were quite a few offers out there, but I always wanted to give the Heat a chance. They took a chance on me and it was only fair. I wanted to try to make something with Miami work, and then we would go from there. And there were a lot of attractive offers out there, but Miami is clearly the right situation for me.”

And by attractive offers, he means the deal that Los Angeles Lakers were willing to give him, but in the end, the Heat offered him a 4 year $110 million contract, marking the largest deal in NBA history for an undrafted player. Miami has not seen a player of Snow’s caliber since Dwyane and LeBron James. Snow led the Heat in scoring and was named League MVP, ROY, and Finals MVP. He averaged 25 points per game and 6 assists per game during the regular season. They were not about to let him walk away from the organization so quickly.

“Miami is my home. This is home. I grew up here, experienced a lot of firsts here, good and bad. It’s in me. Dade County. Even though it was only a year, we accomplished a lot. My teammates, the staff, the front office, the fans, the city. I have equity here.”

It seems as though Snow sees Miami as an important part of his basketball identity. The Heat likely feel the same way about him, as they did not hesitate to make a massive financial commitment to the 20-year-old to ensure that he stay with the team.

The Heat are looking to add a few more key pieces to the team this offseason, with expectations that the 2019-20 season will be an electric one.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Sep 2021, 00:19

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Sep 2021, 00:43

Senior Year

August 2019
“This is your last first day of high school, Nico. You ready?”

I was up early this morning. My baby brother was starting his senior year at Reagan High. I tried to convince him to go to Ransom Everglades, a private school not too far from the condo, but he was going on about spending college tuition on prep school being a waste of money, since he was going to college for real. Besides, all of his friends were at Reagan and he didn’t want to switch up. I thought he was going to struggle with my newfound fame and all, but being that I was at Regan just two years ago made things a little easier for him.

“As ready as I’ll ever be. I think we should throw a welcome back to school party this weekend.”

“You think? And just where will this party be and who is attending?”
I know my brother And if he’s trying to casually throw this out there, he and his friends have already started planning.

“Well, I was thinking, if it’s not too much trouble. I could have a yacht party?”

“Who do you think you are? DJ Khaled? What are you going to want for graduation?”

“A bigger yacht party.”
He shrugged. I shook my head. “Just think about it, Tone. Don’t you have that deal with the boat company? We don’t have to do anything big. Just a little kickback.”

“Our kickbacks involved us sitting around the house watching movies and shooting pool.”

“That’s when we were poor. Come on, bro. It’ll just be me, Tyrus, Jackson, a couple dudes from the football team and some girls. Pretty much everybody that was at my birthday party. You and Eva can chaperone or whatever.”

“Some girls, huh? You inviting Madison?”

“Of course, I am. Why would I have a yacht party and not invite Madison?”

“So, you’re trying to move out of the friend zone?”

He suddenly found himself preoccupied with tying his shoes.

“Leave him alone, Antonio.” Eva said as she walked into the living room. She placed a kiss on my cheek.

“Leave him alone? He’s asking me to throw a yacht party and I all I asked was if this was to help move things forward with Madison. I know what it’s like to be friend zoned.”

“And look how well it turned out for you.”
She winked at Nico and they both laughed. “Come on, babe. He only gets to do this senior year thing once.”

I pretend to think it over. “Aright. I’ll call Chris down at Golden Yacht and get it set up for a Saturday cruise.”

“Best big brother ever!”
He pulls out his phone and starts texting his friends before grabbing a banana from the kitchen counter and running out of the door.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Sep 2021, 04:55

chosenone58 wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 00:43

See, should've went to L.A., could've avoided this lol

Agent

Post by Agent » 07 Sep 2021, 10:14

Snow in South Beach. The mans a rockstar! Whose Snow’s sneaker contract with? What the new Snow’s looking like?

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 07 Sep 2021, 19:24

The JZA wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 04:55
chosenone58 wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 00:43

See, should've went to L.A., could've avoided this lol
If lil bro gotta impress the girls with Tony's money, so be it.
Agent wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 10:14
Snow in South Beach. The mans a rockstar! Whose Snow’s sneaker contract with? What the new Snow’s looking like?
Nike all day. New kicks on the way.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Sep 2021, 17:12

Miami Heat Begins Quest for Championship Number Two

MIAMI - The Miami Heat got off to a rocky start last season, after signing undrafted rookie Antonio Snow. The team’s style of play started to change after picking up the quick combo guard and Pat Riley immediately began to bring in pieces to accommodate the team.

The team went from playoff hopeful to championship contender overnight. The gamble certainly paid off as they went on to bring a fourth championship to the city of Miami. Snow had a spectacular rookie season winning Rookie of the Year, League MVP, and NBA Finals MVP. A feat that has never been accomplished in the NBA. Wilt Chamberlain and Wes Unseld were the only two players to be named ROY and league MVP in the same season and Magic Johnson was the only rookie to ever be named Finals MVP. So, it is safe to say that Snow has entered a league of his own.

After having Hassan Whiteside agree to his player option, Miami only had one order of business this summer, signing Antonio Snow to a long term deal. He was the key component to their season and the Heat front office would have been making a grave mistake letting him slip through their fingers. Snow averaged 25.5 points and 6 assists per game this season.

Once that was in place, Miami focused on the loss of Dwyane Wade. It’s obvious that Josh Richardson will be moving back to the shooting guard position, leaving the small forward position to Justice Winslow. Carmelo Anthony will still serve as his backup.

The team has signed Terrence Ross to fill the gap as a shooter. The power forward position will be up for grabs as Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and the newly acquired Thaddeus Young will both start to see which player is the better fit. Rounding out the free agency signings is point guard Darren Collinson.

The Heat will also try to work in their draft signing Bol Bol this season, his minutes may be sparse behind Whiteside and Bam Adebayo.

With most of the roster remaining in tact, Miami looks to be in a very solid position to make it back to the Eastern Conference Finals in the East. Even with all the movement in the East, from Kyrie Irving signing with Orlando, and the Knicks and Celtics drafting Zion Williamson and Ja Morant, respectively, the Miami Heat are still poised to take the Eastern Conference.

Record Prediction: 60-22

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 11 Sep 2021, 17:21