The Mis-Education of Noah Baldwin (2027 - ???)

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 25 Oct 2022, 08:34

Leggo, 3 mo'

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Oct 2022, 22:03

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Derek Baldwin was sitting in front of his locker at American Airlines Center tying his shoes. He had a pair of Beats headphones around his neck. As he was preparing to get ready for shootaround, Nate Matthews sat next to him with his back facing him.

“So, this is just about to be a dick measuring contest between you and Spence, huh?”

Derek let out slow breath as he continued to lace up his sneakers. He didn’t really want to have this conversation. Not tonight. Not before a pivotal Game 3. But the kid was relentless.

“If you want to pull yours out and join us at any point during these Finals it would be greatly appreciated.” He stood up, slid his headphones over his ears and walked out of the locker room before Nate could say another word.

This season in Brooklyn had been tense to say the least, but he was a professional if anything and he intended to keep it that way. He was on the hunt for his tenth championship, and nothing was going to stop him, not even his own damn teammate.

Things had been coming to a head with Nate all season. His contributions weren’t as prominent this season and Derek wanted to know why. He was virtually non-existent in the first two games of the finals, only scoring nine points in both games. He was reminding Derek of DeAndre Jordan the season after they had won their first championship in Los Angeles. Winning three championships seemed to make the kid lazy. His focus was more on his brand and other off court activities than getting wins. There’s nothing wrong with endorsement deals and growing your brand, Derek knew that more than anybody. But when it was time to step between the four lines of the basketball court, Derek Baldwin was all business. And he expected everyone around him to be the same way.

This was the part of the game that he wasn’t fond of. But he just needed to get this one thing done and then he could move on from this season.

Fifteen minutes later, Joe Hood joined him on the court to put a few shots up.

“You good, D?”

“Yeah, man. NBA Finals. Game three. I’ll be a little better if we can take a 2-1 series lead. I’ll be on Cloud Nine when we win this thing.”
He said smirking while draining another jumper. “What’s up, Joe?”

“Nothing. Just heard Nate talking before I came out. He’s been a real ass this season. Championships and endorsements are going to his head.”
Joe takes two dribbles to his left and shoots a three pointer. He lets the ball bounce away before going over to guard Derek.

“He’s always been a winner. Kid’s been winning since he came into the league. Shit, even before that. Won that title at LSU, came here and has been winning rings since year one. Hunger ain’t there no more. He wasn’t with us building all of this six years ago. But that’s not gonna be my problem much longer.” Derek backs him down into the post.

“So, this retirement shit is real, huh?”

“It’s been on my mind. I told you that at the start of the season. That’s why I only signed a one year deal this summer.”

“I hear you. I just can’t believe it.”

Derek gives a quick shoulder fake to his left, then he fakes right, before turning to shoot a fadeaway jumper. The shot falls through the net.

“We can’t play forever, Joe. Nothing gold can stay.”

“Nothing except this championship.”
They shared a laugh.

“Let’s get it.”

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Oct 2022, 22:04

Agent

Post by Agent » 26 Oct 2022, 19:29

Smacked them in Dallas!! Let’s keep it going.

Derek trying not to pull a Draymond Green on Nate.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 Oct 2022, 23:15

Agent wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 19:29
Smacked them in Dallas!! Let’s keep it going.

Derek trying not to pull a Draymond Green on Nate.
These young thunder cats make it so hard. I felt Draymond's pain.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 Oct 2022, 23:26

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 Oct 2022, 23:27

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 Oct 2022, 23:28

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 Oct 2022, 23:34

Will Derek Baldwin Bid the NBA Goodbye (Again) After Wining Fourth Title in Brooklyn?
Derek Baldwin, 41, has led the Brooklyn Nets to a fourth straight title. Will 10 rings be enough?

The Barclays Center is in complete chaos right now as members of Brooklyn Nets are running all over the court looking for their families. Reporters are trying to track players down for interviews. This franchise, has gone from 50 years of not winning a championship to winning four in the same number of years. And it is thanks largely to one man, Derek Baldwin. He came in as a head coach in 2023, added some veteran leadership on and off the court with Paul George and Greg Monroe joining the team and Kobe Bryant and Penny Hardaway joining the coaching staff. Moves that pushed a Brooklyn team to the Eastern Conference Finals for two straight seasons. They were considered to be the heavy favorite to make it to the NBA Finals in 2026 and when disaster struck, leaving one half of his dynamic back court comprised of Michael Bibby and Keith Perkins, sidelined for the rest of the season, he decided to put action behind his words and come out of retirement to help the Nets franchise grab their first championship. While it seemed like it would be a one and done situation, after the departure of Bibby to Los Angeles, Baldwin signed a two year contract with Brooklyn and then he signed another one year contract for the chance to play opposite his nephew, Noah Baldwin II, who joined the league as a rookie this season. A nephew that took him to six games in the Eastern Conference Finals.

“That Conference Finals was one of the best I’ve played in,” said Baldwin. “And I’ve played against Miami’s Big Three and Dwight Howard and James Harden when they were in Houston. And that series went to six games too. Definitely one of my top five playoff series. Maybe even top three.”

The question that is on everybody’s mind is this: Now that Baldwin has led Brooklyn to their fourth straight title, his tenth title, will he step away from the game for good this time? He is definitely going out on top. Winning a championship and being named Finals MVP at the age of 41.

“I’m not sure. All I can say is that I am a free agent,” he said with a grin. “I’ve thought about it a lot over the course of the season, but I tried not to dwell on it because I wanted to remain present for my team so that we could have this moment. I’ll think about over the next few weeks and see what’s what. I’m just enjoying right now.”

If he does decide to retire, it would be well deserved. He has delivered on the promises made to these Nets fans and then some. And he has certainly positioned this team to carry on in his absence should he decide to move on. Fans will be waiting with bated breath this summer to see what Baldwin chooses.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 01 Nov 2022, 07:35

finna get the Knicks a ring? :hmm: