Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

mvp

Post by mvp » 27 Oct 2023, 09:25

both conferences looking top-heavy to start.. always makes for a fun finish when u have 4 teams competing for that top spot tbh

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 Oct 2023, 10:20

Image Jury still out on Eva, she still can't be trusted

Boston, what the hell are y'all doing?

OKC & The Heatles are straight dominating though :obama:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Oct 2023, 12:35

mvp wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 09:25
both conferences looking top-heavy to start.. always makes for a fun finish when u have 4 teams competing for that top spot tbh
I agree. Hoping it makes for a competitive postseason.
The JZA wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 10:20
Image Jury still out on Eva, she still can't be trusted

Boston, what the hell are y'all doing?

OKC & The Heatles are straight dominating though :obama:
In regard to Snow and Eva, the heart wants what it wants :shrug:

I definitely thought this season would have better for Boston. Not sure what’s happening out there.

OKC trying to run it back to our first finals matchup in this chise.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Nov 2023, 13:08

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Nov 2023, 13:10

Agent

Post by Agent » 04 Nov 2023, 13:14

Crabbe’s hair dawg :dead:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Nov 2023, 14:13

Agent wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 13:14
Crabbe’s hair dawg :dead:
2K19 bro :lol:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 28 Nov 2023, 21:59

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 28 Nov 2023, 22:03

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: Miami ended and started the year without their star point guard, Antonio Snow, but managed to pick up two wins all the same. Fans were starting to wonder if Snow was going to return for this game, but all questions were answered with a two word tweet: Daddy’s Home.

The Heat definitely needed their leader on the floor to take on the top team in the Western Conference. After a disappointing finish to their season last year, being knocked out by the Lakers in the second round of the playoffs after finishing with the third best record in the West.

Thanks to Hassan Whiteside’s early struggles, Miami found themselves in a hole in the first quarter. He managed to turn things around in the second quarter, along with Antonio Snow bringing some much needed energy to give Miami a one point lead at halftime. Whiteside finished with a double-double of 15 points and 14 rebounds.

Miami’s bench was really the story of the night, contributing 37 points to the win, 21 of those credited to Bol Bol. Bol went 9 of 10 from the field in the win.

Antonio Snow on his return to the court: Feels good to be back. I missed being out here with my guys, if I’m being honest. But they held it down those last two games. I had something very important happen in my life and I needed to take a step back, but the marathon continues.

Heat HC Erik Spoelstra on Bol Bol’s performance: He has been doing a great job while Bam [Adebayo] has been out. He has stepped up to the challenge and he is making serious strides.

Heat HC Erik Spoelstra on Justise Winslow’s return: We don’t want to rush it. We played Justise as needed tonight. We didn’t want to overdo it and risk aggravating anything.

Top Performers
Oklahoma City Thunder

Russell Westbrook – 22 PTS, 12 REB, 8 AST, 2 STL
Paul George – 19 PTS, 4 REB, 7 AST
Jordan Clarkson – 17 PTS

Miami Heat
Bol Bol – 21 PTS, 6 REB
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – 20 PTS, 5 REB, 2 AST
Antonio Snow – 15 PTS, 4 REB, 10 AST, 3 BLK

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 28 Nov 2023, 22:15

Daddy's Home
“Rough return for you tonight, Tony, wouldn’t you say?”

I picked up the stat sheet in front of me and looked over the numbers. I had taken off the past two games to spend time with Wynter. I figured the guys could handle Toronto and Cleveland and I was right. I expected Oklahoma City to be a different story and they were. This was our first time seeing them this year and I wanted to be on hand for that.

“I mean, a double-double and the win. I don’t see a problem. End result was the same.”

“But you had the third most points on the team tonight. You’ve been averaging 27.8 points per game, you seemed to put up a hard earned 15 points tonight.”

“I mean, I’ve been gone for a few nights. The guys that have been leading continued to lead tonight. I’m just working my way back into the flow of things. Nothing to worry about. Why would I try to stop Bol when he’s rolling? Why would I stop MKG when it’s like he’s throwing rocks in the ocean?”

I fielded a few more questions before I headed back to the locker room. I bumped into D. Wade in the tunnel on my way out and he asked if I wanted to grab a drink. Twenty minutes later we were seated near the back of The Forge enjoying a bottle of Wade Cellars Three.

“Congratulations, Pops.”

“Thanks, D. Wade. It’s crazy. I’m a dad.”

“How is Miss Wynter?”

“Good. She’s great. I miss her.”
I grabbed my phone and pulled up some photos of her that Eva sent over this morning. She was wearing a Miami Heat onesie.

“She's beautiful, man. Look, I know the feeling, Tony. There’s nothing I love more than being a father.”

“I mean it’s only been a few days, but I know it’s the most important job I’ll ever have.”

“Speaking of jobs, the game was a little touch and go, but you backed up that tweet and got the win. I told you about that shit.”
He laughed. “Might be a Finals rematch on the horizon.”

“Yeah, but we’re not the same team from 2019. You and Melo gonna suit up?”
I laughed.

“Nah, we’re done with that life.”

“I think we’ll be okay. Just gotta get everybody back. Bam still has another month, Justise should be back one hundred percent by next week.”

“Hassan has been struggling, but the young boy but been doing his thing.”

“Cheers to Bol Bol, man.”
I raised my glass. “He’s been on his shit. I don’t know what’s gonna happen when Bam comes back. Hassan has to pull it together.”

“It’ll all work out.”

Before I could respond, I got a text from Eva.

Narrow escape tonight. All that excitement made her tired.

She sent a picture of Wynter asleep in her bassinet. Like she just played 35 minutes of basketball. I quickly responded to the text.

“I know that look, Snow.” Dwyane said as he finished his glass. “I’ll let you get out of here, man. Get some rest. I just wanted to check in with you. And don’t hesitate to reach out, man. This parenting shit can be tricky.”

“Appreciate that, man. I’ll take you up on it.”

He headed out shortly after. I stayed a little longer and thought about my dad. I wish he were here. He would have loved Wynter. After finishing a glass of water, I asked for the check, but the bartender said it had been paid. So, I headed out.

No sooner than I climbed in the truck my phone rang. It was Eva.

“You like to keep it interesting don’t you?”

“Fuck was I thinking, right?”
I laughed and started the engine.

“You’re not at home yet? Are you just leaving the arena.”

“Nah. Went out for drinks with D. Wade. Just left The Forge like five seconds ago.”

“Oh, that’s the spot we went to for your 20th birthday, right?”

“Mhmm.”

The phone was silent for a while, I guess we were both kind of thinking about that time. Things were good then. Still kind of new, but good. I decided to change the subject.

“So, how’s my baby girl?”

“She’s good. Should be waking up to eat soon. She clearly has your appetite.”

“She’s definitely a Snow. And how's my other baby?”

"Antonio."

"I'm serious, Eva. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

"Oh, you know I'm gonna check in with both my ladies."

"Cut it out."
She said shyly.

We talked more about the baby and how things were going up there. She said her mom would be coming back to Miami in a couple weeks. We also talked about her possibly coming home for Spring Break. She said she’d think about it. We talked about my coming to visit during All-Star Break. I don’t have to be in Orlando until Friday, so that will give me some time. Before long, I heard the faint sounds of Wynter crying in the background.

“Must be feeding time.”

“You know it,”
she chuckled.

“Well, I’ll let you get to it. Tell my baby I love her.”

She paused before answering. “She loves you too. Night, Antonio.”