Here To Prove.

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
djp73

Here To Prove.

Post by djp73 » 13 Dec 2023, 16:32

Here To Prove

If you asked about my father around town you'd get one of two answers depending on who was answering the question.

Some would likely regale you about his exploits on the football field and the baseball diamond with varying levels of truth. He was really good, probably even great. They'd tell you about all the scholarship offers. They'd tell you about how he won a state championship. The school records would surely be mentioned as well. Folks that went that route usually trailed off after that, wrapping things up with some sort of apology about what happend to him as though he was the victim.

Those who knew him on a more personal level would probably make a less than appealing face and tell you what an asshole he was and how he'd wronged them or someone they knew. You might hear about how poorly he'd treated my mother or myself. Maybe you would get a story about one of the many less than legitimate ways he had tried to make money.

I'd never known him very well so when he died I didn't feel much. As I grew older I started to feel like something was missing my life. I didn't particularly care for him but I longed for some sort of connection to him on some level. My mother and I had moved nearly to the other side of the country and he never made any effort when we lived in the same county so we definitely didn't hear from him once thousands of miles separated us.

I remember when my mother got the call from my grandmother that he was dead. I could tell it hit her hard but she stayed strong and told me then continued to encourage me to talk to her about him if I needed to or wanted to. I never felt the need. We moved on and months went by without either of us mentioning him. He wasn't there for us when he was alive so when he died it didn't change much for us.

Things all changed one day when my mother got another phone call.

Topic author
djp73

Here To Prove.

Post by djp73 » 13 Dec 2023, 16:39

Reserve One.

Topic author
djp73

Here To Prove.

Reserve Two.

Topic author
djp73

Here To Prove.

Reserve Three.

Topic author
djp73

Here To Prove.

Post by djp73 » 13 Dec 2023, 16:42

This that's all we need. Feel free to post.

Agent

Here To Prove.

Post by Agent » 13 Dec 2023, 16:45

lil homies’ pops was a POS. Will be following this one :melo2:

Topic author
djp73

Here To Prove.

Post by djp73 » 16 May 2024, 14:27

:curtain:

Better get my ass in gear now that we got a release date

Topic author
djp73

Here To Prove.

Post by djp73 » Today, 09:38

Glory Days
SPORTS
Southlake Carroll 27, Smithson Valley 24
By KRISTIE RIEKEN
Dec 17, 2004

CHASE DANIEL (4) HANDS THE BALL OFF TO DARREN FULTON (20) BEFORE ONE OF FULTON'S TOUCHDOWNS

Southlake Carroll's Kevin Ortega had a lot to think about as he lined up to kick the game-winning field goal for the Class 5A Division II championship Saturday.

At the forefront of his thoughts was Carroll's beloved former defensive coordinator Charlie Stalcup, who died of skin cancer five weeks before the season.

"I couldn't stop thinking of him," said Ortega, who hit the 41-yarder as time expired to give Carroll a 27-24 win over Smithson Valley for the Dragons' second title in three years. "He's a big motivation and it's all for him."

The Dragons (16-0) dedicated their season to Stalcup, memorializing him on their programs and championship game T-shirts. After the game, fans joined players and coaches in chanting, "Charlie, Charlie, Charlie …"

"We did this for Charlie Stalcup," Dragons coach Todd Dodge said through tears.

Chase Daniel found Darren Fulton on a 16-yard pass with 6 seconds left that set up the winning kick for Southlake, the top-ranked team in the state and No. 1 in the nation according to USA Today's Super 25.

It was the second time the Dragons beat Smithson Valley (13-3) for the title. Southlake Carroll won 45-14 in 2002 and has won five championships, including three in Class 3A. Since moving up to the state's largest classification, Carroll is 47-1.

Southlake Carroll lost to Katy 16-15 in last year's Division II game.

Dodge said he was proud of how his players handled the pressure of the rankings and national attention.

"Our kids have been through so much this year," Dodge said. "The pressure they dealt with was so intense. I've never had a team that had to deal with so much. It's great that we were able to get this done."

Southlake Carroll trailed most of the second half, going down 24-17 early in the fourth when Eryk Anders blocked a punt and returned it 24 yards for a TD. But then Carroll tied the score 22 seconds later when Daniel hit Kenton Gedwed on a 65-yard touchdown pass.

Daniel, the two-time Associated Press 5A offensive player of the year, finished with 290 yards passing and 89 yards rushing.

He had a slow start though after fumbling twice and being sacked once in the first quarter. On Carroll's first drive, Daniel was dropped for a loss on a keeper, sacked and threw an incompletion before a bad punt gave Smithson Valley the ball on the 21-yard line.

Smithson Valley led 14-10 at halftime on Cody McKinney's 3-yard TD run with 1:01 left in the second quarter. It was the first time the Dragons had been behind at halftime break since October.

Southlake Carroll regained the lead in the third when Fulton barreled in from 17 yards out to make the score 17-14. Fulton ran for 66 yards and two touchdowns and caught four passes for 49 yards. His first score came on a 15-yard run that tied the game late in the first.

Smithson Valley tied it at 17-17 when David Sweet hit a 44-yard field goal that bounced off the left upright near the end of the third quarter.

Zach Bailey had 151 yards passing and ran for a 1-yard touchdown that was the first score for Smithson Valley, which has never won a title game. Keeping the game close was no consolation to Smithson Valley.

"We didn't come up here to see if we could stay in the game with somebody," Smithson Valley coach Larry Hill said. "We came up here with the full intention to win."

The Rangers lost a 42-35 overtime decision to Denton Ryan in the 2001 Class 4A Division I title game.

Agent

Here To Prove.

Post by Agent » 45 minutes ago

brodie got 20 years to catch up to