Football Strategy

Here you can put any resources or helpful links you think would be useful for members.

djp73

Football Strategy

Post by djp73 » 15 Jan 2019, 05:14

Thanks for the in depth reply. That's what's going to make this thread great.

I'll try to get my next post up today.

Captain Canada

Football Strategy

Post by Captain Canada » 16 Jan 2019, 11:51

On offense, I like a mixture of crossing routes and checkdowns. I think being a Patriots fan has made me appreciate the long, drawn-out drive more than anything. I'm not a big fan of taking shots deep. The post route is your best friend.

On defense, I typically play a lot of off-man and simple Cover 2 defenses. I like to send a mixture of different blitz packages, overloads, etc. so I can throw off the timing of the routes being run against me. I'm typically User with the MLB or FS. I'm huge on pressuring the QB, getting him to toss things up.

Caesar

Football Strategy

Post by Caesar » 25 Jan 2019, 04:19

Offense - Pound the rock. Big. Boy. Football. Control the game, keep the opposing defense on the field, and open up the playbook later for some big money plays downfield when they try to key on the run. I'm a fan of the Les Miles approach. Run on first down. Run on second down. Third and short? Run. Third and long? Probably still run. It's like Novocaine, just give it time and it'll work.

Defense - A lot of man to man. A lot of pressure. Again. Big. Boy. Football. We separating the wheat from the chaff 'round these parts. Get the QB throwing up junk and the corners better earn they paycheck!

djp73

Football Strategy

Post by djp73 » 25 Jan 2019, 06:42

Caesar wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 04:19
Offense - Pound the rock. Big. Boy. Football. Control the game, keep the opposing defense on the field, and open up the playbook later for some big money plays downfield when they try to key on the run. I'm a fan of the Les Miles approach. Run on first down. Run on second down. Third and short? Run. Third and long? Probably still run. It's like Novocaine, just give it time and it'll work.

Defense - A lot of man to man. A lot of pressure. Again. Big. Boy. Football. We separating the wheat from the chaff 'round these parts. Get the QB throwing up junk and the corners better earn they paycheck!
Overall I'm more of a run first guy too.

I do like man defense and blitzing if I have the personnel for it.