Becoming HIM | The Hakeem Marion Story

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Feb 2024, 08:00

Welcome back! Penn State with the top spot….

How we feeling about the one and done?
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 14 Feb 2024, 10:40

chosenone58 wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 08:00
Welcome back! Penn State with the top spot….

How we feeling about the one and done?
chosenone58, For Hakeem, it's like he belongs there. On top, defending the domain. For me, personally, just trying to get back into the swing of things with the higher difficulty on road games. Purdue didn't make it easy getting assists.

I'm still on the fence about it. We could see another year, maybe not. That's definitely a discussion for a future chapter I got in mind for sure. Just have to stay tuned.

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 15 Feb 2024, 20:22

× A New Horizon ×
× Watching: X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Feb 2024, 15:03

kibaxx7 wrote:
15 Feb 2024, 20:22
kibaxx7, Hope you sharing bruh

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Feb 2024, 15:11

Chapter IV: Marion Vs Jordan

Believe it or not, but this year for me at Penn State has been a huge blur. Since I arrived here, it's been non-stop. School, practice, games, traveling, meeting new faces, dating, keeping up with the algorithm of social media, I was just always into something. I put down one task and ten others pop up for me. But I didn't complain as I enjoyed it all in the moment. Speaking of enjoying the moment, specifically on the dating spectrum, things were looking appealing with Asia, and Keri. We've been hanging out a lot over the past two weeks since and I wasn't complaining. But my focus remained on the court. As much as we parlay around, they understood the assignment. And there were only five games left in the month, which means March Madness was right around the corner...

"Ow, not so tight, girl."

"You mean to tell me the almighty Hakeem Marion is tender headed?" Asia rebutted.

"It's not like I keep my hair braided, plus the afro is becoming too much with sweat running down."

"So, why not cut it?"

"Nah, I'm good on that. I dig having long hair."

"That's what all the girls like, what you trying to say."

"You tell me, that's what you like?" I shot the question back to Asia. She took a moment to answer, either focusing on catching my hair or looking for a excuse of an answer.

"You just lucky you got all this good hair, Hakeem. I know girls who would kill for this type of growth and texture."

"Grateful for my genes, but no luck. Just patience and self-care. Of course that, and because I am him-"

"Shut up!" Asia barked with a slight smirk. "Always talking that shit."

"Aye, I'm just standing on business, that's all it is."

"Mhm, whatever. You're so full of yourself sometimes."

"Sometimes? You cut me deep with modesty love. I know I'm full blown arrogant, more importantly, confident. I got it like that cause I can back it up. Ain't a situation I've never stood ten toes in."

"Uh huh, I'll keep that in my mind, champ." She said as she continues to part and braid.

"Hey babe", a distinguished voice crept from behind as they entered the common area. I knew it was Keri off the bat, as nobody I know sounds anything remotely like her with her accent.

"Hey", Asia and I simultaneously responded. I noticed Asia stopped doing my hair, looking back and seeing her face with raised eyebrows. Instantly I smugged and chuckled.

"Hey, Hakeem". Keri said with slight flirt in her voice. "So congratulations, you're the first man to be between Asia's legs since we've been together."

"KERI!!" Asia shouted, but Keri just stood there with a devious smile on her face.

"I'm honored?"

"Should be."

"Am I being setup here? Cause this whole situation just went left, expeditiously."

"Oh, relax, I'm just teasing. I see you're finally doing something with that hair. I don't know, I think I like the fro better."

"Well, thanks, but braids are in with me for now. But what's up with you? Doing anything?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm about to head to class shortly. I was looking for Asia, didn't know she'd be here with you right now. Your brother called, Asia. Just wanted to let you know. You left your computer open, so I just took it in your leave."

"Oh yeah, what he wanted?"

"Nothing notable, just said to give him a call back when you can. Just told him you might've been in class or somewhere on campus."

"Oh. I have my phone on silent right now, I'll give him a call when I'm done."

(Her phone's on silent, hmm. She really trying to give me her full attention or just don't want to be bothered?) "You didn't tell me you have a brother."

"Yeah, she has one. He plays for Michigan." Keri elaborated.

"Wolverines basketball???" I asked.

"Yup. Supposed to be some big star there, but he's not all that."

"What's up, Asia? You all quiet for about your brother? We actually play Michigan tomorrow night."

"There's not much to tell about him. I have a older brother, Elgin. He's a wannabe big shot, like Keri said. We haven't gotten along much for a few years."

"Sounds like a touchy subject, so I won't pry."

"Thank you, but it's not as deep. We're just two different people. He kind of like you, but I won't sit here and project him on you, y'all two are nothing a like in totality, but he does run his mouth."

(So, he's a shit talker with a side order of trash. May be able to use that as leverage during the game.) "Yeah, definitely nothing a like."

"Well, I'm heading off. I will see you guys later?"

"I'll be here", Asia replied.

"Most likely be in the gym, got some work to do, plus I wanna try to catch coach if he's around."

"Alright, then I'll see you tonight babe, and catch you later Hakeem." Keri shows her affection, planting Asia a kiss on the lips.

"Y'all doing all that lip smacking behind my ear for? Come on man!" I jested. Keri then proceeds to kiss me on the forehead.

"There, just so you won't be left out! Bye y'all." After a few minutes of Keri' departure, things were back to just me and Asia.

"So, Keri has taking a liking to you. She's definitely not that friendly to other guys."

"Apparently, I'm not them. You see, you're not dealing with the average male species-"

"OHHH MYYY GOODDD, Why did I say anything!?" She shouted jokingly.

"... I'm starting to believe you're a hater." I retorted. I won't lie, I enjoy myself in the company of Asia and Keri. They're two of the most down to earth women I've met thus far in my life. And it's not like I'm living some type of facade where I have to keep on guard, but hanging with these two, especially Asia, I can rest on my laurel without flexing. And that's a big flex...

[Few hours later...]

After spending some additional time with Asia, I headed straight to the gym. While today there was no practice as we're hitting the road, I still had the need to get some shots in, do a couple cardio drills. And luckily enough, Coach Shrewsberry was there. We've got down to business with one-on-one sessions throughout the season. Coach quickly understood what he was working with, and I needed that extra attention in the gym. First one in, hardest one working, last one out. I was that "one", "Uno" was the nickname of course...

"Looking good, Marion. Sharp as ever." Coach Shrewsberry praised.

"Wise man once said, "job's not done." And we still got ways til the end of the season.

"Absolutely right, Marion. Love that attitude of yours. You got a bit of machismo to you, but damn you work hard. You're definitely a rare one. But don't let that get to your head."

"Too late, coach, too late." I chuckled. "I'm just excited for what's to come. March Madness, the tournament, the band, the lights, the drama, I'm all for it."

"As long as you stay focus. Further more, I'm in the mindset of giving you a couple games off to avoid injury."

I immediately stopped my focus on my shots to address what Coach spewed. "Don't do it, coach. That's not what I'm here for."

"Listen, you have to look at the bigger picture here-"

"No, coach, I don't. I'm looking at all of the picture, the small, the big, and everything in between. You think I got here resting on my ass for an easy meal ticket? No. I'm not a Kawhi, I'm not LeBron, I don't take days off unless I'm stuck in a hospital bed like Sam was. He's just another reason why I push harder, but I bust my behind to get where I am. Do I have a god given talent? Yeah, sure, but I put the necessary hard work to make sure it stays at that level."

"Hakeem, just hear me out-"

"Nah, I'm good coach. I'm not interested in riding the bench to "save" myself. Every game counts and matters to me, the team and fans alike. I can't let them down cause you want to save the best for later, that's not how I roll. Look, it's your team, they hired you for the job. If you want to bench me, I can't stop you, but I do own the power to never play again. We can either get that trophy out the mud, or I wash my hands of this, I'll put in a transfer elsewhere. Ball is in your court, coach."

With that, I left the gym court, infuriated and insulted. Deep down, I know I came on strong on Coach Shrewsberry, but I can't let no one coddle and pamper me. I'm no child, I don't need protection, so I had to stand on business. More importantly, stand on my passion, my love for the game. Nobody ever became the best by riding the bench. I wasn't trying to find out that way either. It's the long and hard road for me. This grind was going to see my grit and fear it...
Last edited by The JZA on 17 Feb 2024, 18:11, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Feb 2024, 15:15

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Feb 2024, 18:10

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Feb 2024, 23:46

Whew!!! Big brother put in some work. Squad left Hakeem hanging. Did not expect that L for Penn State.

I can’t believe he threatened to transfer if coach went the load management route.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 18 Feb 2024, 02:44

chosenone58 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 23:46
Whew!!! Big brother put in some work. Squad left Hakeem hanging. Did not expect that L for Penn State.

I can’t believe he threatened to transfer if coach went the load management route.
chosenone58, Man, Elgin's stats for the season did not reflect that performance. He must've felt someone talking about him :drose: But it felt another loss was coming, we were due. If that's the last one before we hit the tournament, I'm fine with that.

Keem said, if there's a game to win, he wants in. No days off. Ain't nobody went #1 in the draft cause he was a "good teammate" & let others play

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 18 Feb 2024, 11:44