Explosions of Grandeur.

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

James

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by James » 11 Jul 2019, 16:40

How cliche you gonna make this?

Bangs the other chick while his girlfriend is away at college?

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 11 Jul 2019, 16:44

James wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 16:40
How cliche you gonna make this?

Bangs the other chick while his girlfriend is away at college?
James just got done running a train on a chick fuck you mean lmao thats how he give it up

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 11 Jul 2019, 20:22

Slowly becoming my favourite project of yours. Keep this up.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 15 Jul 2019, 00:44

The unmistakable smell of eggs and bacon awoke James out of his deep slumber, stretching out his arms and legs on the couch that he had outgrown over the last six years.

The sound of approaching steps sent him hurrying up to fix his makeshift bed, "I'll be out in a few."

"Here you go," she said with a smile as she plopped down the overworked plate in front of James on the coffee table.

"Thanks," he said with a whimper, not sure what had just happened.

He had seen her a few times here and there but they had never made introductions, which was customary. Just moments ago, he would have killed for those bacon and eggs with a side of biscuit but now he felt guilty as the plate that was filled to the heavens stared back at him.

"I'm James," he walked into the kitchen, "I'm sorry, I don't think we've like actually met."

"I'm the one that should be apologizing," she stretched out her arms, "Naomi, nice to see meet you James. I've heard a lot about you."

"Somehow I doubt that," James joked, drawing a stiffed laughter out of her. After all, they both remembered how their first encounter ended with his dad shuffling her away into his room.

"I actually have," she insisted, "I was at the barbershop the other day, the one next to like the pizza shop and the motel across the highway?"

"I know that one," James nodded.

"They were talking about you, well, the team. They kept talking about this Jackson kid, this Jackson kid and it took me a while but I was able to put the two and two together. You have that football walk, you know?"

"I don't," James laughed, "But thanks?"

"You should eat your food before it gets cold," she said as she pointed towards the living room, "Hope you like bacon, eggs and biscuits. I should have asked but I figure every growing teenage boys like that."

"I do," James smiled as he grabbed the plate, picking at it as he continued to put away the sheets and get ready for school.

"I just felt like cooking a full breakfast today," she had made her way into the living room and leaned up against the door that led into the bedroom, "He's not much of a morning person."

"Thank god," James whispered under his breath, just loud enough to raise an eyebrow from Naomi.

Her attention was soon shifted as she was astonished by the rate at which James was able to finish off the plate before promptly throwing on his clothes. It was barely six o'clock yet he moved with such urgency and apparent energy.

"Thanks for the breakfast," James forced a smile as he swung his bag over his back and grabbed his gym bag from the floor.

"Good luck tonight," she said as the door swung open and then close before the house returned to a deafening pitch silence.

"What the fuck?!"

James stared aimlessly at the empty locker that sat across from him as white noise was all around him. He had just been assaulted back to back by coach Collins and then coach Butler, both of them putting together the finishing blows of a rough night after the Gauchos defense got their filling.

The honeymoon from last week's win in the opener was over as Poly was tied at zero against a Narbonne team many picked to be potential regional champions. The offense had stagnated with James completing just two passes and the running game being completely shutdown by the Gaucho's physical defense. A few miles north, Calabasas had subbed in their second team in the 42-10 drubbing of Salesian High. That certainly didn't help.

"The kick is good and it took a while folks but we have our first points of the game as Narbonne takes the 3-0 lead with eight minutes left in the third quarter."

"Jackson in the gun, Fuller to his right, third and seven. Jackson gets the snap and tries to find White across the middle but it's off his fingertips and intercepted!"

"Jackson keeps it this time and dives for a gain of six."

"Jackson on the edge, cuts up, to the 50...40...30.....tackled out of bounds at the 27-yard line."

"They keep it on the ground with Fuller for another gain of four yards."

"Third and two here, big money down. Jackson motions Fuller out of the backfield and the ball is snapped, goes right up the middle and lowers his shoulder to pick up some more yardage!"

"Jackson gets the snap....looks right....got him! Touchdown! Jackson dials up the touchdown to Cam Landing and it's the sophomore's first touchdown and the team's first touchdown today!"

"Jefferson plunges forward and they say he's got it, touchdown! Narbonne responds with an 80-yard drive to take the 10-7 lead with eight minutes left in the game."

"You have to feel good if you're the Gauchos because you've just held Long Beach to seven points through three quarters and change. Hold them to less than three for eight more minutes and you've got the game."

"I want tempo! Tempo! Tempo! We want multiple cracks at this!" coach Butler shouted towards James as the senior jogged onto the field.

"Jackrabbits having success with the read option here as Jackson keeps it for a gain of twelve yards and they're on the move again."

"Jackson hands it off this time and Fuller picks up six-yards on the carry and they're right back on the ball, folks! The ball is snapped and Jackson takes it on the outside and has enough for the first down as he slides down to the 47-yard line."

"First down on the 47-yard line, Jackson in the gun by himself, three receives to his right. Gets the snap...pump fakes...runs around...goes left...goes back right and finds Dominguez who makes a defender miss and picks up a block and he's got room folks! The thirty....the twenty....the ten...and he leaps for it! They're saying he went out at the five-yard line but to me, it looks like he got in! What a play by the junior!"

"This is going to you, 12. You fucking owe me for that interception," James told the junior tight end as they huddled up.

"I'll be shocked if they throw it here."

"First and goal from the five-yard line, 5:47 left in the game. Jackson starts in the gun but moves under center, White at fullback with Fuller dotting the I. The ball is snapped....fakes the handoff and he's got White wide open for the touchdown! The entire defense went left and White went right!"

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 15 Jul 2019, 09:39

Captain Canada wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 20:22
Slowly becoming my favourite project of yours. Keep this up.
means a lot brother.

it's favorite though.

2-0 in world wars bitch.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 15 Jul 2019, 10:26

"There we go!"

James hunched over, wiping his brow with the edge of his long sleeve shirt. The Palo Alto sun was more forgiving than Long Beach's and James had opted for the comfort of not coming back to school with a tan during the team's early bye week.

"I would have stayed my ass home," James took a swig from a nearby water bottle before throwing it on the ground.

"Got to get some work in," Nick smiled before he threw his towel back on the ground.

"Get your ass back here," Brandon commanded, clapping his hands.

"Ready, ready! Green 19! Green 19! Green 19....set.....hut!"

James took another five step drop before stepping up in the pocket, evading Brandon's mock of a pass rush before planting his left foot and driving the ball down the field. Damian was smothering Nick but the ball placement allowed for the walk-on to make a play on the ball with a slight shove.

"That's fucking bullshit!" yelled Damian as he picked himself off the ground.

The foursome continued their impromptu practice, with Brandon getting some throws in as well once the sun started to settle down. The campus was comatose and outside of a few spectators that would stop for a few minutes, they went practically unbothered for the two and a half hours they were out there.

"You're welcome," Brandon said as he placed his hand over James' tray of food, stopping him from being able to lift the fork towards his mouth.

"It's the least you could do," James shoved his hand away as he continued to dig away.

"Ungrateful," Brandon shook his head, "I give this man a college level, D-1 workout with all of my tips and tricks and even feed his ass and look how he treats me."

"I came here to see you and hang out," James jokingly pounded his fist on the dining hall table, "Now I'm sweaty, tired and I have to hit the road in like two hours."

"You had all week to rest," Brandon fired back, "Besides, the better you play, the better I look."

"Is that so?"

"It becomes one of those things that people can't believe you never played and it's because I was so damn good."

"You clearly didn't see last week's game."

"They're a tough team," Brandon shrugged, "Probably the best team you'll play all year until the playoffs."

"Let's slow down on the playoff talk," James laughed.

"Trust me," James placed his hand on his shoulder, "You'll get the hang of it and it'll be the funnest two months of your life."

"Have these been the funnest months of your life?"

"Tell me about it," Brandon shook his head, "Redshirting sounds so practical in your head but when you're actually doing it? It fucking sucks, man. Especially on traveling days like today, you barely feel like you're part of the team."

James simply nodded his head, unsure of what to say. Brandon had always been the perfect picture of an all-american quarterback that had everything going for him with the beautiful but wholesome girlfriend, perfectly family home with the grades and athletic success to match.

"How about you though, figure out where you're headed yet?" Brandon said with enthusiasm, trying to change the subject.

"Go Vikings!" James said with a mocking cheer.

"There's nothing wrong with playing there."

"You're not allowed to say this while you're, you know, somewhere like this."

"I would say you can also end up here after a year or two at LBCC," Brandon held his hands up, "But we both know you're not smart enough so let's aim for maybe Arizona? Arizona State?"

"I'd settle for anywhere that has a dorm and a stipend," James scoffed, finishing off the rest of his plate.

"You have big things coming for your senior year," Brandon pointed at him, "I can feel it."

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 15 Jul 2019, 11:05

"Close this fucker out!" coach Butler commanded his group of players as they slowly trotted out onto the field.

"A little under nine minutes to go here with the Jackrabbits leading 7-6 in what has been just an absolutely game of physical warfare."

"To me, the question is: can Poly put this game away? Very little success on the ground and with Jackson having thrown two interceptions already, how much confidence do they have to throw the ball?"

"Jackson hands it off to Fuller who picks up a gain of two yards on the dive."

"The pile comes to a stop and it's Jackson picking up a gain of six."

"Jackson finds Landing who makes a man miss and stretches the ball out for a first down."

"Jackson keeps it and he's got space! He evades a tackle, cuts up-field and dives forward to the 48-yard line with seven minutes left in the game."

"Hurry! Hurry! Run red! Run red!"

James tossed the ball to the referee as he heard coach Butler's commands, catching him off guard. He looked at the clock and shook his head towards coach Butler who simply kept twirling his fingers in a circle, signalling he wanted to keep the tempo going. The senior obliged.

"Red! Red!" James shouted.

"Jackson in the gun, Fuller to his right. The ball is snapped and it's a fake and it's intercepted! Griffin's got the ball and he's got no one in front of him! Bye bye! It looked like Tyler Baker, the receiver, went to block and Griffin got his easiest interception of the day to give Mission Viejo the lead!"

"What the fuck?" James muttered to himself as he jogged to the sidelines, unstrapping his helmet.

"Red is read right!" coach Collins shouted at the quarterback, getting into his face, "Motherfucker!"

James pushed coach Collins away as he took his helmet off, avoiding eye contact.

"Get your hands off me!" coach Collins barked back, pushing the senior.

James did not bother to stop as he continued to walk to the bench.

"Don't you try that shit again!" coach Collins yelled before coach Butler stepped in, "Where's Chase? Get Chase ready!"

"The ball sails over his receiver's head and it's fourth down!"

"A tough task here for the junior, coming in for his first taste of varsity football with his team trailing 13-7 with three minutes to go."

"Against this defense no less. First three passes, all incomplete, all nowhere near the receiver."

"I need James here," coach Butler muttered to coach Collins.

"Fuck it."

"Jackson back in the game and to be honest, I don't know why they're bringing him back."

"Why pull him for just three downs only to put him back for the fourth down here?"

"Either way, here we go. 3:27 left in the game, Jackson in the backfield by himself, fourth and ten from the 20-yard line. High snap, Jackson has to go up and get it...drops back...looks left....looks right....steps up and he's going to take off! He makes a cut to the left, spins away from a tackle and dives forward for a gain of fourteen!"

"The best offensive play of the game for both teams, honestly."

"Not wasting any time as they line up again, Dominguez in the slot. The ball is snapped and it's a quick strike to White across the middle for a gain of four."

"Jackson fires it to his left and Baker is able to get both feet in bounds for another gain of seven, enough for a first down."

"Jackson finds Dominguez on the drag route and he's able to pick up some steam and fall forward towards the 50-yard line but the clock keeps ticking."

"Jackson keeps it and heads to the sideline after a gain of seven, stops the clock with 1:49 to go."

"Jackson finds Landing for a gain of twelve on that out route!"

"He's got quite an arm and he loves that out route."

"Jackson escapes the rush and he's out, folks! He's at the 35...30...25...cuts back inside....20....gets a block....15...10...and he's stopped at the six-yard line!"

James slowly got up to his feet, tossing the ball to the referee before adjusting his neck. It felt like the entire Diablos had just taken turns stepping on his hand while others drove their elbows into his back for good measure inside of the pile.

The referee blew the whistle as both coaching staff frantically made their way onto the field with the trainers not far behind.

"I might make a quarterback out of you after all," coach Butler said with a wry smile as they bumped fists.

"I want it," Tyler pushed the girls that were attempting to pass out water bottles out of his way, "I got this, coach. I'm telling you."

Coach Butler nodded his head with each nod picking up speed as he looked across the field to the mass of tired young men donning jerseys that were white just a few hours ago and were now a mixture of green and brown.

"Don't force it," coach Butler told James, "Spread 22 Right All Stops Ocean. Remember, they're the ones under pressure right now, not us. We have four fucking plays to get five yards, don't risk it."

"Ready, ready! Green 80! Green 80! Set!"

The ball was snapped to James and he flipped it in his hands, making sure to get the laces. He took a drop step, firmly planting his back foot before turning his body towards his right. The defender was draped all over Tyler, a little bit too much. James was sure he'd get the call and the ball would be moved two-yards in front of him and they'd have three more downs. He threw the ball towards Tyler's outside shoulder and the safety-turned-receiver jumped for the ball, stretching out his arms and going through the defender's arm.

Somehow, Tyler managed to get his hand on the ball just as his body was now turning towards the sideline. James held his two hands up.

"The ball is tipped out and what a diving catch by Ryan Kennedy! Is he in? Is he in? He's in! It's Viejo football! It's Viejo football! What a play by Griffin to jar that ball loose!"

djp73

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by djp73 » 15 Jul 2019, 21:24

Receivers man... :roll:

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 15 Jul 2019, 22:42

You never force a ball to a receiver who's name isn't Randy, Calvin, or DeAndre.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 15 Jul 2019, 23:08

"Did you see Helton at the game?"

"That's Eddie's boy," Iman shook his head as he leaned up against the office door, "That man knows better than to come around these parts."

"You're done with your visits, for real?" coach Collins scooted up in his chair.

"That's what I told coach," Iman shrugged, "No sense in me making them worry and start wasting time looking at a backup option in case I flip when I know I'm not."

"Why don't you tell that Tyler that?" coach Butler nudged the senior captain, "We all know he's going to Westwood."

"He needs them followers," James laughed, "Jason and him had a little cute exchange on Twitter after Friday's game."

"Really?" coach Butler raised his brow.

"Jason posted like a touchdown celebration with him and Noah in the endzone," James took out his phone to show them, "Tyler posted like some sort of emoji and then Jason responded with 'wya' which is like where are you and Tyler said soon."

"Here we go," coach Collins scoffed.

"He's talking about UCLA though," Iman re-assured them, "But all the Calabasas fanboys in the comments started hyping it up and then Tyler responded saying that they're the ops."

"Ops?" coach Collins asked.

"Opposition," James explained, "Like the enemy."

"I can't with this stuff," coach Butler held his arms up, "Alright, get out of here. Chase! Get your ass in here!"

"Don't leave," James told Iman as he stepped away from the door, "I'm riding with you!"

Out stepped Iman and in-stepped Chase, the floppy-haired junior who James had shared first team snaps with all week. Chase was an Orange County transfer and looked the part, towering at six-foot-six with a filled out frame. He injured his shoulder playing on junior varsity last season, missing out on all of spring and the summer. Yet, despite never taking a varsity snap prior to last week, he fielded some interests from the lower California schools such as San Jose State and Fresno.

"Appreciate you guys staying in after practice," coach Collins commenced as coach Butler closed the door, "James, you handled this week pretty well, I thought. We're still waiting for you to be a senior and a leader but I think, maturity wise, you showed a lot this week and last week after we pulled you."

James bit his lip and simply nodded.

"Chase, we liked what we saw. I think you competed really well this week and had you not gotten hurt," coach Collins shook his head, "I think you'd have a had a real shot at starting from the get-go this year, even if the other guy was still here."

James stiffed his laughter this time.

"We're going to go with Grey," coach Collins nodded towards the junior, "You're starting and playing the first quarter, probably into the half. At that point, we'll re-asses and decide what to do from there."

"Yes, sir."

"I like Chase but come on," Cam shook his head, "We saw what he did last week."

"Not for nothing," Jakobi interjected, "You're harder to play against in practice although we've barely played against Chase."

"He's barely practiced," Iman scoffed, throwing his fry onto his plate.

They seemed more distraught than James who continued to eat away at his burger. He had found five dollars in his locker, enough for him to pick up a $4 burger meal from Steak and Shake. That was the highlight of his day. Everything else was surface level.

"Earth to Jimmy," Tiffany nudged James, "Say something so they can end this topic and move onto something that's mildly more entertaining."

"What do you want me to say?" he said with a mouth full of food, "They 'did what was best for the team' and according to coach Collins, he would have started over Jalen too so I guess that means I'm better than Jalen because I did start over Chase. Twice in fact."

"You're running out of games," Iman snapped at him, "I let you wear my number this year because I thought you would snap, not be on the bench and shit."

"I'm calling bullshit," James took a slurp of his drink, "You did not let me get number seven. Jason left so you got to wear number one and I saw an opportunity and took it. Besides, nineteen looked disgusting on me, sideline or not."

"Why'd you pick your number, babe?" Tiffany asked as she draped her hand over Jakobi's biceps.

"It was the best out of the shitty numbers," Jakobi shrugged.

Despite his size, the senior defensive tackle was quite soft-spoken. At five-foot-eight and 275 pounds, he was both one of Poly's shortest players while also being one of it's heaviest. His awkward frame had earned him the nickname 'Oompa' as an incoming freshman but he quickly shed the baby fat and put on some muscle and the nickname never stuck. Bagging one of the most sought after girls in the school also helped as did his ten-sack performance as a junior.

"You really aren't mad? Like not even a little bit?" Iman kept the pressure on James, who was now all done with his food.

"I'm just not surprised," James replied, "As soon as we had that little shit on the sideline after the pick-six, I knew I was done. He would have never started me if Chase wasn't hurt, we've known this."

"I was enjoying our conversation about potential senior trips," Tiffany interrupted, "But Mr. Jimmy over here shows up and it's all football talk and now look, we didn't even decide."

"I thought we said Tijuana," Iman said, "Kam said he's down, Gordon too. We're only missing like Walker, Trez and the girls."

"The girls are very important," Cam added.

"I can't," James balled up the now-trash in front of him as everyone stared at him, "I don't have a passport."

"You have been the bane of my existence tonight," Tiffany said with a loud sigh, "I'm officially tapping out, you won. Kobi, go beat him up for me."

"I'd drag Jakobi by his dreads," James laughed before getting up and throwing away his trash, prompting the rest of the group to start getting their things together.

"Kobi did get you pretty good sophomore year," Iman reminded James.

"Because this idiot," James shoved Cam but the mountain of a man barely moved, "Thought it was a fucking screen play and let him right through. I still have that scar under my beard, you know?"

"Water under the bridge," Jakobi said with a wry laugh.

"How is everyone getting home?" Cam asked, twirling his car key.

"I'll ride with you," Jakobi volunteered, "I'm not trying to get you stuck on the 405, Iman."

"That's a real teammate," Iman winked.

"We know these two are going to be butt buddies," Tiffany teased as she pointed towards James and Iman, "I'll ride with them."

"You sure?" Jakobi asked, "I'll Uber from your crib, if you want."

"It's fine," she said as she gave him a plump kiss, "Text me when you get home, okay."

"Have you told Iman?"

James didn't bother to answer as he continued to put his clothes on. He would typically spend the night but tomorrow was game day and he was hoping the tradition of a home-cooked breakfast continued on Friday's. Granted, it happened just once but he could dream. Either way, the last time he slept over at Tiffany's, he walked into her fully-naked brother he tried to sneak out of the trailer park. He wasn't one to judge living quarters giving his own but between her 'house' and his, he wasn't sure which was worse.

"I know you heard me," she said as she threw a pillow towards him.

"No," he replied, "Does he know? Probably."

"How?"

"You suddenly told him to drop you off at a CVS that's literally right next to my crib and at least six blocks from here?"

"I did need something," Tiffany edged up to the edge of the bed, tracing the muscles ion his back as James sat on the bed to tie his shoes.

"I wouldn't worry about it," James cleared his throat, "Iman doesn't give a fuck about shit like this."

"Shit like what?" she shot back.

"You cheating on your boyfriend," James scoffed, throwing on his shirt.

"Or you cheating on your girlfriend."

"Whatever."

"I'd hardly call it cheating," she got up, "We've been fucking since, what, like eight grade? You're like a service at this point as I'm sure I am to you."

"Something like that."

"Besides," Tiffany placed her arm around James' neck as he was now ready to leave, "Kobi just doesn't do it for me. He never goes down on me and when he does, it's just like a little fucking pupp...."

"Enough," James groaned as he swung the door open, "You're a piece of shit, you know that?"

"Learned from the best."
Last edited by Soapy on 16 Jul 2019, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.