Across The Tiny-Verse

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
Agent

.. For The Whole World To See | The Tiny Jimenez Story

Post by Agent » 04 Jan 2022, 00:34

chosenone58 wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 20:42
Detroit Playas!!!!

Glad y'all rallied tho
Mo Burke went MJ on me :pgdead:

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 04 Jan 2022, 11:14

Forget Me Not.

The following takes place after the Knicks vs. Kings game on Jan. 1, 2025. The Knicks won the contest 140-101, with LeBron James dropping 59 in the Garden, finishing 2-pts shy of tying his career high (61) & setting a new personal record at MSG (previous was 52 set in 2009).

"Good job tonight getting the win, fellas. & a big hat's off to Mr. King James over here with 59 points!" I said as I got up & dapped LeBron at his locker. The energy in the locker room was high after the team gave the Kings an ass-whooping they'll never forget.

"Here big guy, the game ball's all yours tonight." Dwyane Wade said as he walked in the locker room with the basketball to give to LeBron.

"Thank you. Tonight was incredible but I couldn't do any of it without you guys on the floor with me. This is one of the most fun teams I've ever been on & we're winning games. Let's keep the energy high & never forget what this feeling feels like." LeBron said as he began to gather up the rest of his stuff to head out of the arena.

"It's easy to lose sight on the end goal when we're winning. The media will always have a headline. But if we keep this bond in here tight, no one's stopping the New York Knicks in 2025, am I right?" Chris Paul added.

Everyone agreed & began to file out of the locker room one by one as I followed suit. I dapped up my remaining teammates & began to make my exit as well.

That was the plan at least, until a very familiar voice caught my attention.

"Tiny?" The voice said.

I turned around to see who called my name & it was the last person I would have ever imagined.

"Liberty?!"

"Hi, Augusto." She said as she looked me in the eyes. I was speechless.

"Can a girl get a hug?" She said as I just awkwardly stared at her.

"Of course!" I said as I extended my arms around Liberty. I haven't seen my ex-wife since she left me that letter a little under 4 years ago.

"I had an idea I could catch you here. I remember from your UFC days, always returning to the catering before completely leaving the building." She said with a chuckle.

"You know me more than most. Wow this is just mind-blowing. You look great! It's really nice to see you."

"Thank you. So do you! & congratulations on the win tonight. You've improved so much since the last time I watched you play on the Suns."

Wow. The Suns. This is my third season in New York & we weren't through the first month of the NBA when Liberty decided to exit my life. A lot's changed with the birth of my two daughters.

"Hey is that, Tiny Jimenez & Liberty Seydoux over there?" A voice could be heard shouting from the tunnels of Madison Square Garden.

"Haha. That brings back memories. We should get out of here. If you're not too busy tonight would you be interested in getting together to catch up? I know this is all so unexpected."

"You are good at surprises." I fired back with a friendly demeanor. "But definitely. We can go now if you want to come with me to my car?"

Just as I said that, the voice from down the hall was now walking up to us.

"Let me at least get a quick photo of you guys." The unknown paparazzi said.

"Hey wait, how do you get your hair to stay down like that?" The man asked me.

Liberty began to laugh and so did I.

"That's why he's Tiny Jimenez." She said as we started walking towards the parking lot. I always did like the way she hyped me up in front of a crowd.
Last edited by Agent on 04 Jan 2022, 15:25, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 04 Jan 2022, 13:20

New York, Liberty. Liberty, New York.

"I can't believe this is happening." Liberty said as she put her hands on her face when we got in the car.

"I'm so embarrassed yet so happy to be seeing you. Thank you for not turning me away at the sight of me."

"Yet!" I said with a smile & finished with a wink. There was a tremendous elephant in the room, but I too was happy to just be in the presence of someone I've called my best friend before.

"So unless something's changed in the past few years, this is your first time in New York City? Am I right?"

She nodded. Liberty was a West coast girl. The day I proposed to her on the field of Metlife Stadium & introduced her to my family in Newark was the closest she'd been to NYC.

"Okay. New York, Liberty. Liberty, New York."

"Nice to meet you, New York. But since I'm new here, I guess that makes it your move, captain." She said as she locked her seatbelt into place.

"There's an arcade around here that I've been meaning to check out. I'll head there."

As I was driving the newness of the current situation began to become awkward. Just what are we doing here?

"So, what made you randomly pop up backstage at Madison Square Garden tonight? How did you even get backstage in the first place?" I said with a laugh.

"I bribed security. I showed him a picture of us & said I wanted it to be a surprise. He let me through."

"If you had been a hitman he would've ruined me."

She laughed.

"I missed you. I always felt bad about how I ended things. You didn't deserve that kind of treatment from me which is why I could totally understand if you didn't want to entertain the thought of knowing me again."

I sat silently & drove while she spoke her thoughts to me.

"I was young & mad. The day you retired from the UFC I thought I could have you all to myself. I let my own expectations send me into a world of depression that I should've been more vocal about. Ending all communication with you immediately was the wrong thing to do, but it's what I had to do."

"I understand. I wasn't mad at you for it, but I was taken back. Very unexpected to come home to that letter. So outside of missing me, is there any more of a reason why you wanted to speak to me again?"

"Yes. I went through a long spell of being sick, Tiny. After I left Phoenix for good I moved north to Calgary to live with, now my ex-girlfriend. I don't know if you kept up with me on social media, but I began to get really involved in snowboarding. You should see some of my videos from before 2024."

I pulled out my phone & searched her account to look at her videos while she was talking.

"But at the end of 2023 I became really sick. I was diagnosed with breast cancer & my mind changed then. I'm happy to say that I'm cancer-free now, but after those long nights of starring at the dark ceiling & wondering if my time was going to be over sooner than later, I thought about you a lot. About all of the fun we had. About how happy you always made me feel when we were together. About if I made the right decision. I may not have been able to keep myself happy in the marriage before, but life changed me. It was important to me to at least try to reach out to you & see if you still looked at me the same way. I figured I've been selfish my entire life, I could try to be selfish & take you back for at least one night."

I reached over & grabbed her hand like I used to all those times before.

"Wow, Liberty I had no idea. I'm so sorry to hear that. If I would have known I would have tried to contact you sooner. But I'm not surprised you beat that. You're one tough muthasucka. & that's coming from a real tough sonuva bitch." I said with a chuckle at the end to lighten the mood some more.

I pulled up at the arcade just as the hard part of our reunion appeared to be over. She looked up at me with a grin as we both stepped out & walked inside.

"But tonight, the band's back together & we're going to have some fun."

Just as soon as I opened the door, other people inside quickly recognized me & began to say hello but gave Liberty & I the personal space we required.

"Think you can win me that stuffed animal?"

"Pssht. You know I can do anything. That's why I'm Tiny Jimenez, right?"

I handed Liberty the doll as she was red in the face from the laughter.

"Hey, a win's a win."

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 04 Jan 2022, 13:56

The Next Day.

"Here we are. Jackson Heights. The shuttle's outside of here will take you all the way to LaGuardia airport."

I decided the next day that I was going to meet Liberty for lunch & then take her on the train to get a feel for the New York City life.

"Thank you so much for last night. While the games were fun, the real treat was watching you try so hard to win. You should have seen your face!"

She pulls out her phone to show the video of me trying to win the stuffed animal. It took a few tries, but eventually I got it. We shared a more laughs as she continued to swipe to other videos from the night.

"You should have said something about my outfit last night. I was feeling it but after looking at these videos, yikes."

"Aw Tiny don't say that. What you wore was perfect. It reflected the real you..."

"The man I fell in love with."

I handed her suitcase to the attendant as she began to board the shuttle.

"Hold on, hold on... Did I hear you right?! You love me...?"

She didn't say a word & gave me a tight squeeze as it was time for her to go. As she's halfway inside the shuttle, she turns around and says one last thing to me.

"Live long & stay happy. For both of us."

"Only if you promise to do the same."

She nodded as the doors closed & we waved goodbye to each other. It was great catching up with Liberty.

"Maybe we'll meet again someday.." I thought to myself.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 04 Jan 2022, 17:05

Agent wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 13:56
"The man I fell in love with."

I handed her suitcase to the attendant as she began to board the shuttle.

"Hold on, hold on... Did I hear you right?! You love me...?"

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 04 Jan 2022, 18:10

The JZA wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 17:05

She had Tiny feeling like this in their last exchange

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 05 Jan 2022, 00:00

Warriors Play Great Team Basketball As Steph Curry & Co. Leave MSG With The Victory
Regular Season Game 35: Jan. 3, 2025 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Xavier Tillman -C- Mitchell Robinson
Draymond Green -PF- Julius Randle
Jonathan Kuminga -SF- LeBron James
Moses Moody -SG- Cole Anthony
Stephen Curry -PG- Tiny Jimenez

Image @ Image

GSW | 22 | 22 | 32 | 35 | 111
NYK | 22 | 17 | 27 | 37 | 103

"Mama, there goes that man!" - Mark Jackson, ESPN broadcaster

New York Knicks Top Performers:
Tiny Jimenez: 28 Points, 6 Rebounds, 11 Assists, 11/19 FG, 2/4 3PT, 4/4 FT
Julius Randle: 21 Points, 15 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 9/19 FG, 1/5 3PT, 2/2 FT
LeBron James: 18 Points, 5 Assists, 8/12 FG, 2/2 FT
Chris Paul: 12 Points, 3/9 FG, 2/5 3PT, 4/4 FT

Golden State Warriors Top Performers:
Stephen Curry: 27 Points, 4 Rebounds, 6 Assists, 9/18 FG, 4/9 3PT, 5/6 FT
Andrew Wiggins: 15 Points, 6/13 FG, 2/8 3PT, 1/3 FT
Xavier Tillman: 14 Points, 7 Rebounds, 5/9 FG, 4/4 FT
Klay Thompson: 14 Points, 4 Rebounds, 4/7 FG, 4/7 3PT, 2/2 FT
Derrick Rose: 14 Points, 3/8 FG, 1/2 3PT, 7/8 FT
Jonathan Kuminga: 13 Points, 12 Rebounds, 4 Steals, 5/15 FG, 1/5 3PT, 2/4 FT
Moses Moody: 10 Points, 8 Assists, 3/6 FG, 2/5 3PT, 2/2 FT

--

Knick's Current Record:
30-10

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 05 Jan 2022, 00:21

The return of Liberty…. No, Tiny. No!
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 05 Jan 2022, 00:44

Last edited by Agent on 05 Jan 2022, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 05 Jan 2022, 00:48

chosenone58 wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 00:21
The return of Liberty…. No, Tiny. No!
Liberty showed up & reminded him that she's still his favorite shordy ever. He knew the risk but went ahead & had fun with his homegirl :lol2:
But the two women at home had enough. He was on thin ice from their previous conversation about keeping secrets (even if he didn't kiss his ex wife). Back to the bachelor life :obama: